- Every dog or cat four (4) months or older must be vaccinated for Rabies and be licensed by the City of Little Rock (the animal must wear the license on a collar or harness at all times).
- All outdoor cats must be sterilized and micro-chipped.
- All dogs must be confined on the owner’s property by a fence, pen or by tethering to an approved trolley system.
- Any loose animals in your neighborhood should be reported to Animal Services for their safety and yours.
- Dogs in an open vehicle or pickup must be confined within a crate or carrier, or inside vehicle cab.
- Residents may not exceed four (4) dogs and four (4) cats per household unless a kennel permit is obtained.
- Penned animals must be kept clean and sanitary and should not give off offensive odors.
CRUELTY TO ANIMALS IS AGAINST THE LAW.
- This includes intentional cruelty, such as shooting or poisoning, and neglect.
- Cruelty to animals (including neglect) is a punishable crime in Little Rock. Cruelty includes physical abuse and abuse by neglect, which is failure to provide adequate shelter, food, water and medical care.
- Animal bites that break the victim's skin must be reported to Animal Services immediately. These animals must be quarantined for a period of ten (10) days regardless of vaccination status (Quarantine is required by State law). The owner of the animal is responsible for all costs.
- The keeping of exotic wildlife including carnivore, innately wild animals, non-human primates and venomous reptiles is prohibited.
- Contact Animal Services for complete listing of applicable Animal Control Laws or additional information.
REMEMBER: As a pet owner, you are responsible for following all animal ordinances in Little Rock. Failure to do so could result in fines up to $1,000.